The Second Annual BCN Caption Contest
Have you ever wanted to write your own webcomic?
Do you have trouble drawing normal-looking things?
Don’t have a big enough LEGO collection?
Then have we got a deal for you!
What you see above is a ripe, pristine, unused comic just waiting for you to apply your creative brilliance to it. Simply fill in the word bubbles and post it in the official entry thread. The person who makes the best comic will win a fabulous prize!
The deadline for entries is June 30th. No entries will be accepted after 11:59pm on 6/30/2011!
- The contest runs from June 1st 2011 to June 30th. The contest will end at 11:59pm CST. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE.
- Entries must be posted as an attachment in the official entry thread on the BCN forums. Entries that are emailed, PM’d or posted anywhere else will be ignored.
- Entrants are only allowed ONE entry per person. If you submit multiple entries, we will only accept the last one submitted. Anyone caught trying to sneak multiple entries in unnoticed, such as through the use of alternate accounts on the BCN, will be immediately disqualified.
- The judges and BCN staff reserve the right to reject an entry if we find it to be intentionally offensive or hostile.
- Judges are ineligible to win, but they may submit an entry for fun if they want.
- If you have comments or questions, post them in this thread. Don’t post them in the entry thread.
- Entries will be judged as follows:
- Each judge will chose their top three favorite entries, listing them from #1 to #3.
- Each entry will be scored based on how the judges rate them; 1 point for every #3 rating, 2 points for every #2 rating, and 4 points for every #1 rating.
- The entry with the highest total score wins!
- In the event of a tie, the judges will decide the winner by a tie-breaking popular vote.
Last year we gave away a hard to find LEGO set, the aptly named Loot Island. This time we’re upping the stakes, with LEGO video games! Two of them!
LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean™
And LEGO® Star Wars™ III: The Clone Wars™
The best part is that each of these games is available for all of the major home consoles and handhelds, and The Clone Wars is also available for the PC! Which means that the winner even gets to chose which system they want their games for. You can even get one game for one system, and the other game for a different system, if you want!
Note – in order to send your prizes to you, we will email the winner to get their console preference, as well as the address to send the prizes to. Be aware that if you’re not willing to provide this info, we will have no way to get your prizes to you.
Capt_Redstorm – Author of Nerds in Space
Dave Rapp – Author of Brickworld Saga
deathdog – Author of Glomshire Knights
Dr. Legostar – Author of Legostar Galactica
Lich Barrister – Author of Ye Olde LEGO-Time Theatre
The contest begins!